This won’t be as tantalizing as the title may show. I received some awards some time back (Blog Awards with Barbies), and one of the requirements is to tell things about myself people may or may not know. So….That is the truth part. The dare part is that this is information you probably don’t want to know, so I dare you to continue reading this post. Okay….I double dog dare you. I’ll try to leave out stuff I have regurgitated on my blog already. I can’t promise to fulfill all the truths I need to, but here goes:
- My first name is Lorre, not Lorrelee. Lee is my middle name, but a college friend of mine liked to put the names together to make me sound hick when he introduced me.
- I was named after the character Laurie in the Little Women novel, but the spelling came from the actor Peter Lorre. He always played sinister characters….go figure.
- If I was a boy, I was going to be named Erin. That was the name of my dad’s childhood dog. Good thing he didn’t realize it could be a girl’s name. Who wants to be named after a dog? That would truly make me a female bitch.
- On a side note: Erin means Ireland or from Ireland and that’s what I named my daughter. Hmmmmmmm.
- I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t be allowed now, but when I was 7, my sister and I belly danced at a bar with my mother. I had a costume made of a bikini with a see-thru skirt and a jewel in my belly button. Yeah……just saying it out loud makes me want to call social services.
- After college, I interviewed (3 hours) with some big wigs at Saatchi & Saatchi New York (advertising). The position for copywriter was between myself and another person. I lost out because they didn’t think I could push the envelope, even though I swore to them I could. Thanks “Anonymous” professor from VCU, who told us not to be crazy in our portfolio. You
fucked me out oflost me a job.
- I colored and bleached my hair 7 times in one day with permanent color. My hair miraculously did not fall out.
- From childhood up…jobs I wanted: cruise director, journalist, lawyer, comedian, talk show host, singer, actress, writer, copywriter, teacher and nurse.
- I will admit to having the Barry Manilow Anthology.
- In 6th grade, I paid $5 to get a new sassy signature by mail. I still use elements of it today.
- I love fettucine alfredo, chocolate covered almonds and margaritas, but not at the same time.
- I have 5 tattoos and they remain hidden unless I dare to wear a bikini in the summertime.