This blog post goes out to a special person, who had a snag occur in her life and wants nothing more but to move on. It seems that people who know her, or rather, think they know her, want to weigh in on when, if and how she can move on. Keep in mind: She didn’t ask for anyone’s opinion!
It’s amazing how people think they can tell you (meaning any of us), in the form of a very strong opinion, how you should go ahead with your life. BUT…. At least it’s more direct than the people who smile to your face and then gossip behind your back about your choices in life. AND…. Its multiple people with various connections who do this. It isn’t just family. It’s friends, co-workers, acquaintances and the “rubberneckers”. The latter, are the ones who seem to conveniently pop up when something buzz worthy occurs. Otherwise, they have better things to do. AND….. It isn’t just tragedy or hard times that spark a judgment from someone. It seems any life change brings out the amateur counselors in droves. It seems the advice flows fast when you dare to ask for it, but if you don’t ask, it becomes judgment and gossip for all the buzzards around town to eat up. Now, I’m guessing that those handing out the unwanted advice, strong opinions and judgment, could use a little themselves and make some changes. No one is so put together that they can run your life. If it wasn’t so infuriating, it would be fucking hilarious.
So…. people who can’t shut it, stop chiming in on matters (where unwelcome) about:
- Dating: Maybe we should dissect your dating history. Who are you to say who someone should or should not go out with?
- Marriage: Have you even been married? If so, is your record squeaky clean? Are you flawless?
- Matchmaking: If you were that good at it, you would have your own agency.
- Kids: Being a parent is hard enough. Worry about your own or go have some and then worry about them.
- Job: Last time I checked, you didn’t pay my bills.
- Housekeeping: If you don’t like it. Don’t come over.
- Appearance: Believe it or not. The world doesn’t wake up and worry about dressing pretty for you. And reality check: You may not be everyone’s cup of tea either.
- Any Life Choice: The key to it all is the word MY (meaning again, any of us)…. My Life, My Choice, My Success, My Mistake, My Regret and My Moment…..Good or bad, right or wrong, it belongs to you and no one can take that away. No one should even try.
You’re the driver. Don’t give up the wheel, whether voluntarily or through a carjacking, unless you want to end up in someone else’s vision of who you should be. AND….. Once you do that, you’re screwed. You will end up in some undisclosed location with an empty tank of gas, a bunch of empty fast food wrappers in the back seat, and a speeding ticket from the driver, because you owe them. Afterall, they got you where they thought you needed to be as quickly as possible. You should be grateful.
Maybe we should feel sorry for these folks. Perhaps someone tried to drive their car too many times, so they are lashing out. Regardless, get your damn hands off my wheel. Get your ass out of my seat and step out of the vehicle. Backseat driving is also not welcome. Hitchhike your ass back home and get in your own broken ass mobile. AND…. Put the fucking seat and mirrors back in the original position please. Who the hell do you think you are?
Per Billy Joel: “Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone.”